We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Oily fish
- Tinned tuna
This is a deliciously wholesome dish, which is perfect as a main course or as a side salad. Bulgur is tossed with avocado, crispy bacon and flaked tuna.
9 people made this
- 250g dry bulgur wheat
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 225g streaky bacon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 (185g) tins tuna, drained
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:1hr
- Place the bulgur wheat into a saucepan with at least 3 times its depth in water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Add water if necessary to prevent burning. When the wheat is tender, stir in a pinch of salt and simmer for 5 more minutes. When done, drain and set aside to cool.
- Place bacon in a large, deep frying pan. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. Place the diced avocado into a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then toss with lemon juice to thoroughly coat.
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna and cooled bulgur wheat. Add the bacon and the avocado with its juice and toss gently. Serve as a meal or as a salad.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(9)
Reviews in English (4)
Excellent - we really loved this recipe!! My husband and I made it as a meal, and served it on top of some lettuce. It was so tasty with the mix of bacon, tuna and avocado. I definitely recommend this dish!-16 May 2009
Not bad but after tasting it found it a little bland so I added extra pepper and a little onion powder. No one really liked the dish except me so there's a lot leftover...as mentioned by another reviewer...I will add tomato and onion on a bed of romaine to the leftovers and see how that goes!-26 Oct 2016
Wow! I was pleasantly surprised with the flavor of this. My first thought was maybe it needed some kind of dressing but the avocado came through with the perfect amount of creaminess. When the bulgar wheat was finished cooking it looked like a bit too much so I added just enough for a good balance with the tuna. Served on a bed of baby spinach for a perfect summertime treat.-29 Jun 2015