- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
This chicken tikka masala is an easy but flavoursome version of everyone's favourite mild-medium curry!
Stirlingshire, Scotland, UK
410 people made this
- 4 chicken breast fillets, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2.5cm piece root ginger, roughly chopped
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons masala curry paste
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 50ml water
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- coriander leaves to garnish
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:40min
- Put the tomatoes, garlic, ginger and yoghurt into a blender or food processor and process until the mixture is smooth and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and fry over a medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the masala curry paste and fry for a further 1 minute over a medium heat, stirring once or twice.
- Add the tomato mixture and chicken to the pan and mix together. Season with salt and pepper. Mix the flour and water together and stir into the pan off the heat. Return to the heat and bring to the boil stirring constantly. Cover and cook over a gentle heat for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the chopped coriander and serve immediately garnished with coriander leaves.
Serve this chicken tikka masala with naan bread and mango chutney.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(38)
Reviews in English (26)
This was my first curry and it turned out pretty good. My fiance loves curries and thought this could do with a little extra spice, so next time I'll double the amount of masala paste. Overall simple and tasty!-25 May 2011
Nice easy recipe. Definitely put more paste or curry powder in as it wasn't spicy at all.-20 Sep 2014
very tasty and filling also very nice with garlic bread or narm bread.-25 Oct 2011