We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Main course
- Vegetarian pizza
This is a really easy to make margherita pizza recipe. Tasty for kids and adults alike!
Buckinghamshire, England, UK
39 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 8 pizzas
- 750g strong white bread flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 teaspoons fast action dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 500ml water (warm not hot)
- 400g tomato puree
- 300g mozzarella cheese
- 300g Cheddar cheese
- sprinkle of mixed dried herbs
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:15min ›Extra time:30min rising › Ready in:1hr5min
- Place the flour, salt, pepper, yeast and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly pour in the warm (not hot) water and mix to make a soft dough.
- Sprinkle the work surface with a little flour and knead the dough for about 10 minutes until it's smooth and elastic.
- Cut the dough into 8 and roll each into a rough circle about 18cm (7 inches) in diameter, placing them on baking trays lined with parchment (so they don't stick to the tray).
- Spread the pizzas with the tomato puree, and sprinkle on the mozzarella and cheddar cheese. (And any other toppings you like). Top with mixed dried herbs and leave to rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
- Bake the pizzas in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the edges of the pizzas are golden.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (3)
I have never made a pizza from scratch before and I thought this was an excellent recipe- I used this base with herbs, onions, red peppers and courgette and it was delicious! Far better and cheaper to produce than anything in the shops and very easy to make. Also, I like the fact there is no oil in this recipe- the dough is lovely and bready without being greasy. A** :D-02 May 2010
I've never made a pizza before and this was so easy to make. I was really pleased with how it turned out and will be making this one again and again. thanks for a great recipe-02 Oct 2010
better than this-06 Mar 2014