We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Steamed pudding
My Mum sent me this recipe on my first Christmas when I moved out of home. To my surprise (and my husband's) it turned out perfectly. So easy, so affordable, so delicious...a must-have addition to your Christmas table.
20 people made this
- 60g butter
- 250ml milk
- 60g sugar
- 250g mixed fruit
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 125g self-raising flour
- optional: capful of rum or brandy
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:1hr30min ›Ready in:1hr50min
- Put butter, liquid (including rum/brandy), sugar, fruit and spices in a saucepan. Bring this to the boil, then simmer for a few minutes.
- Add in bicarb (will froth) and mix together. Let this then cool slightly.
- Add flour. At this point mixture should be quite moist.
- Steam in pudding mould for 1 1/2 hours. Water should cover 1/2 the sides.
- When cool, turn the pudding out and cover well with greaseproof paper.
- To reheat this (if cooked the previous day) put the pudding basin in water for 1 hour.
- Serve with your choice of custard, cream or ice cream. Enjoy!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (1)
I have made this for the past 2 years, very easy and delicious Christmas pud.-19 Nov 2017