- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Chicken and rice
- Chicken risotto
Chicken and bacon are a match made in heaven, and the sweet taste of pumpkin really makes this dish come together nicely. The trick with risotto is to have all your ingredients prepared and ready, because you need to stir continuously from start to finish.
4 people made this
- 2 chicken breast fillets, diced
- 4 rashers smoked bacon
- 100g grated pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- pinch of black peper
- 250ml white wine
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 370g arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons cream or soured cream
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat, add olive oil, chicken, smoked bacon and pumpkin, and fry until chicken starts to brown, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, mustard, black pepper and arborio rice and fry until rice becomes transparent, approximately 2-3 minutes and keep stirring.
- Add the wine and keep stirring until the rice has absorbed all the wine.
- While stirring, add the vegetable stock one ladle at a time waiting for the rice to absorb all the stock before adding the next ladle. Keep repeating this for 15 minutes, then taste the risotto (check if rice is cooked to your liking) and if necessary keep adding a ladle of stock and tasting until the rice is cooked to your liking. You may need to add a little extra hot water if you like your rice super soft and gooey. Then turn off the heat.
- Add cream and chopped parsley, and stir until combined.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and crusty hot garlic herb bread.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
Delicious risotto. Very quick and easy. The pumpkin just melts into the rice. When I buy a pumpkin, I grate it all at once and freeze what I don’t need in separate bags for future use. I use 150g of pumpkin for 4 people. I tend to omit the mustard and parsley as my children are not too keen on these ingredients and I use less wine. I even cooked it for guests with children and it gone down well.-22 Nov 2017