We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Diet & lifestyle
- Vegetarian meals
A frittata makes for one of the easiest and tastiest weeknight suppers possible. This recipe is packed with veg and topped with a crisp cheesy crust.
108 people made this
- 225ml (8 fl oz) water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 courgette, cut into thin slices
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 6 mushrooms, chopped
- 15g (1/2 oz) butter
- 5 eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 100g (4 oz) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- In a large ovenproof frying pan over medium high heat, combine water, olive oil, salt, green pepper, courgette and garlic cloves. Simmer until courgette is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drain off water and discard garlic. Stir in onion, mushrooms and butter. Cook until onion is transparent. Add eggs and stir; season with salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until eggs are firm.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over eggs. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place under grill for 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.
If you don't want to wait for your oven to preheat, try putting the frittata under the grill for the entire period. Just watch it carefully so that the cheese doesn't burn!
The trick for a perfect frittata is to cook over a medium to low heat and allow the mixture to set slowly without stirring. Stirring once the egg has begun to set will break the mixture apart. Too high a heat will burn the base before the egg is set sufficiently to finish under the grill.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(39)
Reviews in English (40)
Altered ingredient amounts.Great dish. However is says to remove garlic. Instread I chopped 2 large cloves to small pieces and added them in. Like most italian recipes, how can you just discard the garlic my friend! buenissimo, recommended for luches or chill and take on picnic or like me, for school lunch boxes.-16 Oct 2010
Altered ingredient amounts.I made this for our Easter breakfast and everyone LOVED it! I did have to add two extra eggs (for a total of 7 eggs) for the amount of veggies I cut up. I minced the garlic and left it in for more flavour and replaced the mushrooms with extra onions and courgette. Also, I didn't need to add any butter, so it had a little less fat. This was the first Frittata I've ever made, and I think I'll make again and again!-15 Sep 2008
Altered ingredient amounts.This was excellent! Using all fresh summmer veggies is key. I prepared it differently than in the recipe. I sauted all the veggies together in the olive oil without butter or water. As others suggested I added extra eggs. I used a total of 10 whole eggs. I will make this again!-15 Sep 2008